Friday, January 19, 2018

Got the blahs...

Winter blahs...it has been days since I have even thought about being creative. So I thought I would share my last project and maybe just talking about it will get me back in the mood!

I have previously shared how challenges spark some mojo with me.  I especially like the sketch and color challenges...they give me somewhere to start and from there I can usually add my personal touch.  Other challenges I like include themes or particular paper packets. The CTMH design books and the Idea books provide sketches and design ideas. Being on the design team at Heart 2 Heart Challenges has also been very inspiring.

So, with all that being said, let me talk about my latest source of inspiration.  I signed up for a monthly online layout class with Scrapbook and Cards Today.  The email I received included a picture of a completed project along with all the instructions (measurements too) and cutting files. Suggestions are also made for those that do not use a cutting machine.  Here is my interpretation of the January layout:


I used paper and Complements from the retired Hello Lovely packet and last year's Color of the Year, Sea Glass.  While I thought of using paper from the new Chelsea Gardens packet, this was the paper I have had in mind for these photos, so I went with it.

My new papers and supplies from Close to My Heart came the other day, so I hope to have some new projects for you to see really soon.

 Now if someone would just prod me into finishing my cleaning and sorting project in our home office...and cleaning kitchen cupboards...and cleaning the closets...

Fighting the blahs,
Sue






1 comment:

  1. Great layout, Sue! I still love that Hello Lovely paper pack. I agree that sometimes you need a sketch or challenge to engage your mojo! I'd say you've found yours!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.