Saturday, October 12, 2013

Da Bears--Two Ways!

Being a Bears family, it is a given that I create Bears layouts.  For the layout about Ron and his brother Gary's opportunity to be on the field at Soldier Field to carry and unfurl the 4th Phase flag, I used the Sarita paper packet from Close to My Heart. The Lagoon and Gypsy accents in the patterned paper were perfect for the colors in my pictures.  Design credit goes to Jennifer Larson. "Scenic Hike", Scrapbook Trends, July 2012.


The second layout is a single page layout of my own design.  Because the Bears design was already printed on the paper, I was able to quickly mat the pictures and add them to the design.  I was literally done in about 15 minutes!  Now let me say something about this paper.  I picked this up in an independent scrapbook store in suburban Chicago.  This shop stocked papers from all the major Chicago sports teams as well as the local high schools and colleges.  So, yes, I use mainly Close to my Heart products, but love to support independent stores as well.  I always find something unique that I can use in my paper crafts.


Happy Crafting and Go Bears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.