One of the biggest changes ever in our lives was in March of 2015 when our son contracted Transverse Myelitis. In the matter of a few days he went from living a normal life to being paralyzed from the chest down. So many changes:
- Immediate changes as he was hospitalized for diagnosis and treatment
- Transfer to Rehab Institute of Chicago as he underwent intensive therapy and began walking again
- Learning to live with residual effects and impairments
- Returning to full time work in a new position that eliminated travel
- Family adjustments to this new phase of life.
In the above picture you see our family as we participated in a walk to raise funds for TM research and to support family programs.
On November 12 Dan's story will post on The TMA site: https://www.facebook.com/myelitis/ On that day, I will be sharing a link to that story. I don't often get on a soapbox, but this obviously is something near and dear to my heart. Thanks for reading..
Layout inspiration is the Charlotte Workshop Your Way from CTMH
For more inspiration on documenting change please visit: