Monday, August 13, 2018

Heavy Metal!

Being the literal person that I am, I decided to interpret this week's theme for just what it is...metal.  I used gold and silver foil papers from CTMH as the foundation of this masculine card.

Sketch inspiration from Mojo Monday (how I miss that challenge)

Also used were Peacock, Black and White Daisy cardstock and patterned paper from my stash.  I cut the gears from files on the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge. The embossing was done with a folder borrowed from a friend.  The sentiment was from the Holiday Tags stamp set--long retired.

Planning this card took the most time.  Because it is hard to come up with masculine ideas and because I tend to be last minute, I went ahead and cut extra gears and embossed extra backgrounds.  Now it will be fast and easy to duplicate this card when I am faced with a "I need a card right now" moment!

I hope you are inspired to create your "metal" card.  Maybe you will do as I did or maybe you are a child of the 80's-90's and will be inspired to create with guitars and music notes. For even more inspiration, be sure to visit Heart 2 heart Challenges Heavy Metal. The beauty of all this is there is no wrong or right...just create and enjoy what you have done.

Talk with you soon--
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Love your interpretation of the heavy metal theme with the gears. This is a tough theme! Masculine cards are not my strength either... and this is a great one. Great idea to prepare a number of pieces for future use :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.