Saturday, March 25, 2017

Colors of the Sea

I thought of the sea when I saw this week's Color Dare Challenge and what says "the sea" like seashells?  It was fun using the Mojo Monday sketch and the stamps from Swirly Seashells C1664.  While there are Thin Cuts that coordinate with this stamp set, I chose to just fussy cut around them. (Truth is I was too lazy to get up and go to the other side of the room to use my die cutter!)  For these two shapes, cutting was easy...for more detailed shapes, the Thin Cuts are the way to go.

  
All products used are Close to My Heart. The circle and scalloped circle were cut on the Cricut. I planned on using black Shimmer Trim to satisfy the black requirement, but it just didn't look right and I used the white instead.  Much better!  I found some black Bitty Sparkles in my stash and they added just the right amount of black.  The clear Shimmer Pen was used to accent the shells.

This is a great sketch and color combination!  For more inspiration, please visit:






11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Sue! I love how you used these colors with a sea theme! Thanks for inspiring us yet again at the Color Dare challenge.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Sue! I love the tiny black sparkles...much better than the black shimmer trim would have been. Good choice! The seashells are so delicate and pretty, too. Love it all! Thanks for sharing with us at Color My Heart this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout and I like how you blended in the green and blue in the shells...beautiful card. When I saw your card, I thought I recognized the sketch...I used that sketch for one of mine this week also. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare. Another sketch challenge is Atlantic Hearts that can be combined with the color challenges. Love how you combine your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare. I love your touch of Shimmer Trim it reminds me of a bit of sand. Please share your love of the Color Dare with your friends...we'd love to see more creativity here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I didn't think of the shimmer trim as sand...great thought. Maybe we should ask for shimmer trim in Bamboo or at least Colonial White!

      Delete

Please leave a comment.