Monday, May 21, 2018

Triadic Color!

 A couple weeks ago, on my Facebook group,  I posted a link to a CTMH Blog post that taught principles of selecting color according to the triadic color scheme.   For quick reference here is the color wheel with the CTMH colors.  For a more complete understanding, I suggest you take a look at the blog post: Triadic Color Combinations


This week, instead of a standard color challenge, Heart 2 Heart Challenges has chosen to use this method.


The CTMH colors I chose for my card and their place on the color wheel are Eggplant (Violet), Juniper (Green) and Goldrush (Orange). Notice how these colors are equidistant on the wheel.  It took me awhile to decide on colors as the possibilities seemed endless.  I would suggest to you to maybe choose a main color and then refer to the wheel to pick the other two.


My inspiration for this card came from a card I made with the Documented Cardmaking Kit, page 50 in the Seasonal Expressions 2.



Well, maybe I almost copied it!  That is OK.  The catalog/idea books are there to provide us with design ideas and to help us create projects we love and are proud of.

So with all this being said, I hope you are inspired to experiment with color.  Amaze yourself with the combinations you create.

Please check out Heart 2 Heart Challenges for more color inspiration.

Have fun--
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.