Monday, October 1, 2018

Fall Color Challenge!

This week, we at Heart 2 Heart were given the challenge of creating a project using these gorgeous fall colors;


At first, I thought I might try to emulate the picture by sponging my cardstock with the last four inks and then stamping with black.  It might have worked and maybe I'll give it a go sometime, but for today, I took a safer route and used the colors in creating a somewhat adult Halloween card for my teenage granddaughter.


The card was created with Close to My Heart products.  The only exception are the red sequins.  While I do love the self adhesive sequins CTMH offers, I chose these red ones from my stash becuase they really bring out the Ruby I used as mats and the dots on the pumpkin.  They were attached with Liquid Glass.  I should also mention that the die used to cut the stitched rectangle is from my stash.

The background paper is from the Hello Pumpkin paper packet.  Take a look at my most recent post for a picture.  The Mink banner is a paper from the Seasons Mix-In set. The pumpkin and the sentiment are from the Hello Pumpkin Cardmaking and Thin Cuts set. (Z4239)  Isn't this set just the cutest? While I didn't use it, I think the little cat face will be just darling on a pumpkin! This stamp set is also available without the dies.

I really love color challenges and I hope you too will be inspired to create a project using at least one Close to My Heart product and then link it to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog  You don't need a blog.  You can also link by copying and pasting the URL from a Facebook post or Pinterest post.  Questions?  Contact me...I can help.

Happy Fall,
Sue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.