Monday, March 12, 2018

Green!

It is almost time for the "Wearing of the Green"  and Heart 2 Heart is challenging you to use your favorite shades of green in creating a card, layout or other paper project.  I was inspired by a sketch from Page Maps that I found in an older magazine.  I used papers from the Chelsea Gardens (you know I love it) paper packet.  The leaves were colored in with a water brush and CTMH ink pads and the butterfly is colored with the Bashful Shimmer Pen. The scalloped circle and the butterfly are bumped up with Thin 3D Foam Tape. The scalloped border was cut with a Thin Cut (on sale this month!), while the circles were cut on the Cricut.


This card is a bit of a deviation from my norm.  I tend to be more of a minimalist when I create cards...sometimes calling it being clean and classy.  Well, this one has layers upon layers of paper and embellishments...I probably should have created it for our "kitchen sink" challenge!  However, even though it is "fussy", I find that the limited palette and the continuity of the patterned paper gives it a rather "clean" appearance.  Just my thoughts!

For more "green" ideas, please visit Heart 2 Heart Challenges Going Green.  While you are there, please consider linking your project.  We love being inspired!

Have a happy St. Pat's Day...behave yourself!
Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.