Monday, January 16, 2017

Cold Hands, Warm Heart!

Ah, yes...we are in the middle of winter.  Yesterday morning we left our Illinois home where the temperature was a frigid 3 degrees.  We traveled to Phoenix where we briefly enjoyed some warmth and sunshine before heading north to Flagstaff.  Here there is definitely snow left on the ground but at least the temps are much nicer.  You won't be reading this until next week, so I hope we are all seeing nicer weather by then.

In any case, when I created this Cold Hands, Warn Heart layout for the Heart 2 Heart blog, I thought of my granddaughter's joy playing in the snow.  As for inspiration, I give credit to Jana Eubank and the Scrapbook and Cards Today Winter 2016 magazine.  I loved her layout shown on the magazine cover.  I especially loved how she used the bright colors for the snowflakes and imitated her idea using cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I chose to use B&T papers from the Adventure collection as well as Sunset, Raspberry, Cranberry and Emerald cardstock.


For more Cold Hands, Warm Hearts inspiration, please visit the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog.
While you are there, how about linking up to your blog or picture of your project?  If you have questions, I am here to help.


4 comments:

  1. Can see where you got your inspiration but I totally love what you did with it, especially your paper choices and the fun "joy" element!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.